Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Snow, snow, snow, snow, SNOW!



I love old movies. I love Christmas time. I love music. Put all those together and you have "White Christmas." I know we're 2 days past Christmas, but this is a relevant post, I promise! This morning, I was woken up by Things 1, 2, and 3 all shouting "IT SNOWED!!!!!!" Then, the ever practical Husband comes in and says, "If you're going anywhere, leave early. Our street is slick as snot." Thanks for that, Husband. I have snot in my head right now. It's easy to envision a street actually made of snot... but I digress.

The point is, I love music and I love singing with other people. When I woke up to shouts of "SNOW!" I dashed out of bed to the window and my first reaction was to sing the song above. But it's much less interesting when I'm singing by myself.... :( Too bad Husband (and his two amazing sisters for that matter) weren't available for a Gase rendition of the snow song.

What are you doing today? I'm going to sit here enjoying a new book (since my Things are happy taking turns playing their bazillions of new wii games) while I snack on turkey and stuffing. Gotta get it out of the house as fast as possible! ;) I like to cut my turkey into bites and mix it in the stuffing. Sort of a casserole-ish thing. Gotta love comfort food! What do you do with your turkey dinner leftovers?

Be happy today, friends. God is good. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I hate this song! One of the worst ever, and no matter how festive snow may be, I cannot ever envision wanting to wash my face and hair in snow.
    On a semi-sidebar note, did you ever notice snow and snot are just one letter apart. Probably why snow is slick as snot!

    ReplyDelete